Who’s excited for Halloween? I know I am. Today we’ll be learning how to create a fun and pretty easy to make Halloween essential. These luminaries will light up the night like no other. Not only do they have a beautiful glow, they also feature whatever shape you decide to puncture into it.
You will need:
- A sharpie or marker that will show up on the tin can. (preferably the same color as of paint you plan on painting your tin can with)
- Empty cans ( make sure to clean them out)
- A hammer and large nails. ( small ones also if you plan on decorating)
- Paint (any color)
- Paint brush
- Candles (LED or self lit)
- First, fill your tin can up with water and put into the freezer.
- Once the water is frozen, take it out of the freezer and draw whatever design you would like with your marker.
- Place your can on a towel or any other surface that will resist the movement of the tin can.
- Next you will take your hammer and nail and puncture holes into the outlines of your drawn design.
- After you are satisfied with your design, take the can and run it under hot water to melt the ice. ( Bottom of tin can may expand)
- Paint your tin can any color you would like.
- Place your source of light into the candle.
Side note: (If tin can expands take hammer and softly hammer out the bottom)
There you go! You now know how to create a tin can luminaries. These breathtaking sources of light are not only made for the holiday of Halloween. You can make them for any event. It doesn’t even have to be for a party or holiday. These work for everyday purposes. From that being your luminous way of passage, or for your own enjoyment of gazing, these luminaries are perfect.